Re: package repository links

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: package repository links
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 19:09:12 +0100

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 06:03:49AM -0700, Colin Macdonald wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The URLs in the DESCRIPTION files of doctest and symbolic now point to their
> https://octave.sourceforge.io/*/ sites.  This is the right thing b/c those
> are the official sites.
>
> But these two packages are (currently) developed on largely github.com.

I think the url field in the DESCRIPTION file was originally meant to
point to an external website, and not to be present if there is no
external website. It could also be used to point to the site where the
main development occurs. In both cases it'd be legitimate to let it
point to the github sites for these two packages

> 1. hack the generated html "manually" (probably some sed in the maintainer
> makefile).

(BTW: The generated file "index.html" is only for demonstration, the
corresponding page at the website is generated dynamically.)

Olaf