Debugging in GUI not opening new files (Octave 6 and 7 series)

From: José Abílio Matos
Subject: Debugging in GUI not opening new files (Octave 6 and 7 series)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 09:14:55 +0000

Hi,
  in the last month I noticed that when I debug using the GUI (for both stable
and default) if I step into a function/class that is not open in the editor
the file is not opened automatically as I was used to.

If I open it manually the trace point is shown correctly and it all works.

I did not notice it initially because I had lots of files open, only when I
decided to do some (early in the Northern hemisphere) spring cleanings I was
surprised by the disappearance of the debug cursor.

Is this known? If not I will open a bug report on savannah.

Best regards,
--
José Matos