Re: strrep bug solution for GoSC 2020

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: strrep bug solution for GoSC 2020
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:10:24 +0900

On 3/10/20 7:24 AM, abdu adell wrote:
> Hello, How are you?... I am Abdelrahman Adel a 3rd Electrical
> Engineering student (Computer Science and Control System department) I
> am looking forward to joining GSoC 2020 with octave organization... and
> I have a solution for strrep function bug.
> the solution in the attachment file.CPP
> Thanks in advance

Dear Abdelrahman Adel,

I'm fine, thank you for asking and your interest in Octave.  Hope you
are fine, as well ;-)  If you want to work on a particular bug, Octave
uses the Savannah bug tracker [1] for this purpose.  When you send a
patch to this mailing list, without referencing the bug you fixed, how
should we ever get the necessary background information needed to asses
your code within reasonable effort?

Your submitted code looks more like a C++ exercise solution than what I
understand as bugfix.  Please study the bug tracker [1] carefully,
especially have a look at some submitted patches to get an idea what is
expected.  Furthermore familiarize with Octave's coding style guidelines
[2].

Best,
Kai

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave