Re: Fwd: issue 39 _ merge request

From: Nader Nabil
Subject: Re: Fwd: issue 39 _ merge request
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 02:28:03 +0200

Thank you for your help , sorry for the misunderstanding , i will search more before asking in the next times
i have created a merge request , check it please

Thanks again

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 1:42 AM Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Nader,

On Mon, Mar 09, 2020 at 23:56:26 +0200, Nader Nabil wrote:
> i have solved the issue , created a new branch locally to save the changes
> but i can't push the code to the repository , could you please accept the
> merge request

It seems like you are having trouble understanding the basic fork and
merge request workflow with GitLab. You should be pushing a branch to
your own fork of the project and opening a merge request from there.
Have you tried looking at the docs, for example these pages?

  - https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/merge_requests/getting_started.html
  - https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/repository/forking_workflow.html

I think it's worth mentioning that the Pythonic project is developed on
GitLab, and a good working familiarity with the GitHub or GitLab fork
and pull workflow is a prerequisite for this project. If this is a brand
new concept for you, you may have some trouble learning the things you
need to know to move forward in time. There is still time to look for
another project if you find this learning curve too steep.

Hope that helps,

--
mike