GSoC: OCS project discussion

From: Abdallah Elshamy
Subject: GSoC: OCS project discussion
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 00:00:10 +0200

Hello everyone,

My name is Abdallah Elshamy and I am looking forward to contribute in octave during GSoC.

I started by building octave and I submitted a batch [1] to show my enthusiasm and I started filling my public application [2] (it doesn't have the topic "your task").

I am interested in OCS project. According to GSoC wiki page [3] there are four objectives for this project. I will mention them and mention my understanding of how to achieve them:

if I understood anything wrong or I need to read more about some thing let me know please.

Another question I have in mind is:

Do all the objectives have to be achieved in one summer or is it okay for my proposal to cover only some of them? (I have no experience but I think that some of the objectives will be long enough for the summer if it is not the case please let me know )

Thanks for your time,

Abdallah

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57041

[2] https://wiki.octave.org/User:Abdallah_Elshamy