Griddata compatibility patch with bugfix?

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Griddata compatibility patch with bugfix?
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 19:18:28 -0500

quick question - over the weekend I ran into a matlab compatibility issue with griddata and in making a patch saw a bug in griddata3. The patch I submitted addresses both.

Would it be preferred if I separated them? One doesn't exactly depend on the other. The bug fix is simple and independent. The compat patch calls  griddata3, so if it were pushed without the bugfix, griddata would then exhibit the same bug as griddata3. Given that, I lumped them into the single patch attached to the tracker.

If separate is preferred, i can update it and submit two.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57323