Re: hgsave weirdness

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: hgsave weirdness
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 14:11:49 -0500

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM Rik <address@hidden> wrote:

> error: hgload: unable to locate file t2.ofig
> error: called from
>     hgload at line 60 column 7
>     t2 at line 5 column 3
>
> the problem is in hgload at line 60.  If I look at that code, I see
>
> if (isempty (file_in_loadpath (filename)))
>   error ("hgload: unable to locate file %s", filename);
> endif
>
> So, I would start with the debugger and when you reach line 60 take a look at
> your path variable.  Maybe something is removing '.' from the search path
> (.octaverc configuration file?).

I tried and "." is the very first in path.
It works also if I run it it immediately the second time.

Also:

octave:1> t2
fname = t2.ofig
error: hgload: unable to locate file t2.ofig
error: called from
    hgload at line 60 column 7
    t2 at line 6 column 3
octave:2> file_in_loadpath ("t2.ofig")
ans = /d2/home/dima/src/octave/clang/t2.ofig

But it is something with loadpath. If I change fname to /tmp/t2.ofig it works.

> --Rik

Dmitri.