Re: Downloading a build from buildbot

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: Downloading a build from buildbot
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 06:25:11 -0500 (CDT)

Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote
> On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 11:37 AM Christian Frick
> <

> Christian.Frick@

> > wrote:
>>
>> Dear all
>>

>> I’d like to test the newest (not yet stable) changes of Octave for
>> Windows and therefore try to download the newest builds from
>> http://buildbot.octave.org:8010.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I was not able to find any download link in e.g.
>> http://buildbot.octave.org:8010/#/builders/14/builds/489. Is this even
>> supported? If yes, what do I have to do? Do I have to be logged in?

Hi,

At Octconf 2018, we have discussed wether it would be beneficial to make the
latest builds for Windows available for testers, and no one firmly opposed.
IIRC, the main argument against this idea was that we didn't want to let
people think they can use those unstable builds for production. Putting the
download link, accompanied with a bold warning ( "Testers only!"),  in the
"Get Involved" tab of the Octave web site is probably enough to solve this
issue.

Recently, on the bug tracker, I saw a developer sharing (through his private
dropbox account) his latest mxe build  in order to let another dev confirm
that a bug had been fixed. This is not convenient, and I would thus vote for
sharing, one way or another, the nightly buildbot binaries for Windows.

Regards,

Pantxo

--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html