Re: LTspice data import

From: al davis
Subject: Re: LTspice data import
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 11:20:08 -0400

On Fri, 26 Jul 2019 10:09:30 +0200
"Dr. K. nick" <address@hidden> wrote:
> for my project I have created a function to load LTspice (=very popular
> freeware circuit simulation package from Linear Technologies, now Analog
> devices
> https://www.analog.com/en/design-center/design-tools-and-calculators/ltspice-simulator.html)
> simulation results into octave. It works quite decent so far but it
> needs a bit of polishing and documentation to be easily usable for
> somebody other than me.
>
> Before taking on this task I'd like to know whether people are
> interested in this kind of functionality being added to octave.

I see a problem in that LTspice is not free software, therefore
incompatible with GPL and against GNU policy.

Instead, look at Gnucap, Qucs, and NGspice .. all free software.
Gnucap is a GNU project.  Qucs and Gnucap are trying to share, but
starved for resources so it is going slowly.  Gnucap, at least, is
certainly interested in a decent interface to octave.

al (at gnucap)