Re: replacement of CXSPARSE by SPQR

From: Simon Hau
Subject: Re: replacement of CXSPARSE by SPQR
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 23:55:30 +0200

Hello Marco,

thank you for the link. I tested two of the code examples in the bug report, see attachment
sparse_qr_test.m. They both worked without errors. I also created a patch with my current changes (see attachement test_spqr.patch).

Some remarks:
*) I changed the methods Q and R only for the REAL-case.
*) Output E is a permutation vector. If E is considered as column permutation matrix, Q * R = A * E holds.
*) This is only a test patch. There are many issues in the patch that I will have to improve or reconsider. E.g. error handling, handling of econ parameter, handling of order parameter (currently I chose SPQR_ORDERING_DEFAULT) etc.
*) In order to link the executable to the spqr-library, I exported the shell variable "LIBS=-lspqr" before calling the configure script. As a result the Makefile-variable LIBOCTAVE_LINK_DEPS contains "-lspqr". On my os, Ubuntu 18.04, libspqr.so is found in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ and it is part of the package libsuitesparse-dev.

Simon