Re: Support Octave by new .m files

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Support Octave by new .m files
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 15:47:30 -0400

On 7/4/19 2:33 PM, Hamed Shakouri wrote:

Many Matlab scripts in the control toolbox (which I am involved) do use abcdchk.m
See e.g. c2d.m, estim.m, lqe.m, ... in ver. 2013a.

What do you mean by "which I am involved"? Are you a developer of that Matlab toolbox?

If you have access to a copy of the Matlab control toolbox and you have examined it in enough detail to know that these functions call an undocumented function, then I'm not sure we could accept contributions from you that are re-implementations of these same functions. For example, if you were writing independent implementations of them, then how would you even know that there was an internal undocumented function called abcdchk?

We could accept other contributions from you, but we need to know that the code you contribute is your own, not derived from Matlab or other proprietary sources, and that you have the right to distribute your work under the terms of the GPL.

Also, please reply all when replying to messages on the mailing list so that the discussion stays on the list and others may participate.

Thanks,