Re: Building with Qt4 ?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Building with Qt4 ?
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 12:38:11 -0400

On 6/1/19 6:27 PM, Pantxo wrote:

FWIW, as the one who introduced this new issue (and the previous one(s)), I
second Mike's idea to make QOpenGLWidget (or roughly Qt-5.5) mandatory in
Octave 6.

It would be nice to switch to requiring Qt5 so that we could simplify some things in the sources. Until then I think we should still try to allow building with Qt4 but only if it is reasonably easy to do so. For the QWheelEvent::angleDelta issue, I pushed the following change:

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/274766cae722