Re: GUI terminal widget

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: GUI terminal widget
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 17:19:42 -0400

On 6/4/19 3:01 PM, Mike Miller wrote:

It might also help to define what are the actual goals of the command
window replacement widget. What do we want the command window to do and
how do we want it to behave?

Yes, I'd like input from others about that.

I was under the impression that a replacement would be a more flexible
text rendering input area, for example being able to render inline
styled text with HTML or other markup, being able to move the cursor and
select text with the mouse. But I was also under the impression that it
would not be a full terminal emulator. That's the kind of command window
replacement I would find more useful and I think many users want.

Yes, that's what I see it being as well.