Re: Building with Qt4 ?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Building with Qt4 ?
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 13:40:07 -0700

On Sat, Jun 01, 2019 at 20:16:02 +0200, Julien Bect wrote:
> I read the thread but the last email says "If we drop checking for Qt 4..."
> and "If we come to a consensus on this..." so I don't know what the actuall
> conclusion is.

There has been no conclusion or decision made beyond that.

> Currently, configure silently accepts my configuration (with Qt4) but then
> make fails.

We have had a couple changes recently on the default branch that created
similar situations, not a new problem.

> If Qt4 support was actually dropped, I should file a bug report concerning
> the build system.  If Qt4 is still supported, I should file a bug report
> concerning the above issue with angleDelta.
>
> Which one is it ?

Given the status quo, the latter makes the most sense.

But as a followup to the previous thread, I did intend to, and still
intend to, change the status quo. I intend to work on a patch to test
exactly what I proposed, namely dropping the Qt 4 modules from configure
and making QOpenGLWidget mandatory for the Qt graphics toolkit.

--
mike