Re: [octave forge] new external package: matGeom

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: [octave forge] new external package: matGeom
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 08:07:46 +0100

On 08.11.18 17:57, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am pinging this request.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 1:13 AM Juan Pablo Carbajal
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Dear OF leaders,
>>
>> I would like to submit my fork of matGeom[1] as a condidate for an
>> External Package at OF.
>> Geometry (a community package) extends the functionality of matGeom
>> and provides several matlab compatible geometric functions.
>> Without matGeom as a package discoverably by `pkg -forge`, the update
>> of geometry becomes problematic for the user.
>>
>> This would also simplify the structure and reduce the size of the
>> current geometry package[2,3] (an overall increase in
>> maintainability).
>>
>> Thank you for your consideration.
>>
>> [1]: https://github.com/kakila/matGeom
>> [2]: current development branch
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/geometry/ci/default/tree/ bookmark
>> `release` (SF web doesn't support bookmakrs)
>> [3]: simplified package
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/geometry/ci/default/tree/ bookmark
>> `matgeom_separation` (SF web doesn't support bookmakrs)

Hi Juan,

I think that this is a good solution to the maintainability problem you
described earlier on this list.

Please go ahead, we can add matGeom as an external package.

Best Oliver

P.S. Sorry for my late response. I had a lot of personal stuff going on
in my free time lately, leaving less time for Octave.