Re: Build in functions (exprnd)

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Build in functions (exprnd)
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 17:33:21 +0000

On 11/4/18 5:17 PM, Rik wrote:
On 11/04/2018 08:58 AM, Michael D Godfrey wrote:
On 11/4/18 3:01 PM, Mohammed Elmusrati wrote:
Hello,

We had a complex simulation program to assist systems’ reliability.
Anyhow the code was written in Octave 4.0.2. We have observed that the
same code does not work on Octave 4.4.1 and the reason that ( 'exprnd’
undefined)!  This function generates random numbers with exponential
distribution. Is it a bug or the function has been removed from the new
version of Octave?

Thank you

Mohammed Elmusrati
This got answered, but there appears to be no mention in the current
Manual about the
moves of functions to packages on sourceforge.
It was mentioned in the NEWS file for 4.4.

 ** The following statistical functions have been moved from core
    Octave to the statistics package available from Octave Forge.

followed by the list of functions which includes exprnd.

--Rik
Not everyone reads the NEWS file, or, of course, the Manual...

Michael