Re: GoSim - simulink variant that uses Octave as math engine

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: GoSim - simulink variant that uses Octave as math engine
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:37:42 +0200

Am 22.10.18 um 20:28 schrieb GoSim GoSim:
Hello, I will not write my name as I want to be anonymous and I read that you back up all mails. I have written a program that I call GoSim that is a simple simulink variant that uses Octave as mathematical engine. The basics is done but I need to fix the library...in short, not completely done but it works. It definately needs more blocks.... My goal is to make it part of Octave but of course you have to approve, as a plugin is enough for me. I am asking you to try the program, just unzip and run the jar without changing the catalogue structure. There is a file pid.gsm that have a model containing two controllers which can have the desired value changed in real time with the "real time constant block". It's intuitive.

You can't expect that we (or at least me) run binary files from an anonymous source. Please upload your code to a public repo and provide a link.

I had a quick look at the .m files in your archive and most of them look like smoke-balls, for example

function [a]=Subtract(i,h,stop,count,sn,in1, in2)
a=in1-in2;

or

function [param_out, out1]=Derivative(param_in,i,h,stop,count,sn, in1)

if (count==1) %för att undvika spik i första samplen
  out1=0;
  param_out=in1;
else
  out1=(in1-param_in)/h;
  param_out=in1;
end

Oh and SplitVector.m can be done much easier.

At this point I've quit reading and my personal impression is that someone tries to install a trojan horse on my computer. Please apologize if this is not the case.

-- Andy