Re: octave forge pkg states

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: octave forge pkg states
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 08:20:59 +0200

On 5/2/2018 11:24 PM, JohnD wrote:
Just for info,

I just ran through most of the packages on octave forge, trying to install
them on my fedora box with octave 4.4

The result of just trying to install them (after installing their
dependencies) is below. Where a package wouldn't install from octave forge,
I also tried the latest code of the repo, and where that also failed, tried
to identify (or create) a bug report.

In general packages were installed as pkg install -verbose -forge -nodeps

Thanks for the report John,
very useful as guidance for my check

Unfortunately mail have screw up a bit the formatting so
please find attached the updated version with some additional
test results on cygwin 64bit where a new version was released
or my test results are in some way different.
I added a second line immediately after yours

Still works in progress, I need to test other 17 packages
between the one that have another, or more, octave package dependencies

for odepkg, I used https://bitbucket.org/odepkg/odepkg/branch/octave43
that is more advanced than SF.