Re: Name of GUI Window: Preferences or Settings?

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: Name of GUI Window: Preferences or Settings?
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 17:47:01 +0100

I agree.  "settings" sounds like things that must be correct for
something to function  (eg directory locations) and "preferences"
sound like things that suit the user, eg colours and fonts. It's not
entirely clear-cut of course, but everything in the "settings" menu
(with the possible exception of proxy settings) looks like preferences
to me.

Cheers... Ian