Octave 4.4.0 and statistical functions

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: Octave 4.4.0 and statistical functions
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 09:41:35 +0200

Hello:

I can see that there is not statistical functions in Octave 4.4.0. As
it is stated in the NEWS files a funch of functions were moved to the
statistics package of Octave-Forge. But I've downloaded the package
statistics-1.3.0 and it not containt for example normcdf(), normpdf()
and lots of other functions listed in the NEWS file. How can the users
of 4.4.0 get access to these functions?

On the other hand, what was the reason to move the statistical
functions to the octave forfe package? I think they should be remain
in the core distribution. I see the octave forge packages as very
specific functions with not so much users to justify its inclusion in
the core. But statistical functions are not this kind of code.

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden
(o<
/ / \