Re: Strange behaviour of dnrm2

From: Tommi Höynälänmaa
Subject: Re: Strange behaviour of dnrm2
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 15:40:42 +0300

26.12.2016, 20:21, Mike Miller kirjoitti:
On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 13:53:47 +0200, Tommi Höynälänmaa wrote:
I'm using C++ and liboctave for programming. When I use
Matrix::lssolve for matrices given later in this message my C++
program gives false results even though command "mxa \ vb" works fine
in the Octave interpreter. The reason for the error is that BLAS
routine dnrm2 gives false results with standalone C++/liboctave
programs. When I wrote a straightforward new implementation of dnrm2
and used it in LAPACK routine dgelsd and related routines it uses
(dlarfg) the C++ program works fine.

Do you have any ideas what causes this odd behaviour of dnrm2?

I'm sure people would be happy to help, or at least try to reproduce, if
you could provide your C++ code sample to make it a bit easier.

The reason for the bug was a static library containing an erroneous redefinition of function dnrm2.

     - Tommi H.