Someone stripped mpi repository?

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Someone stripped mpi repository?
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:50:58 +0100

Today I noticed that 4 changesets newly added by Carlo to the central
(Octave Forge) mpi repository are now lacking in it.

To be frank, up to now I couldn't squeeze it out of the Sourceforge
documentation that a direct access to the repositories, with the
possibility to strip them, is possible at all. But it is, for all with
'release technician' rights.

According to the backups in the repository, the 4 changesets were
stripped yesterday (2017-03-15) between 17:27 and 17:28 GMT. This is
in the time interval between these two mails of Carlo of our dispute
yesterday:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2017-03/msg00190.html

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2017-03/msg00191.html

which mention these changesets.

Up to then, Carlo had 'release technician' rights, probably dating
from a long time ago. I've removed these rights now for him.

It probably can't be reliably proven who did it. But I consider it a
serious issue, even if the changesets should have been removed by the
same person who generated them.

It should also be decided what to do with these 4 changesets now,
restore them or leave the central repository as it is now. I would say
we discard the changesets if Carlo wants to have it so.

Olaf