Re: GSoC 2017- Symbolic Package

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017- Symbolic Package
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 09:28:30 +0530

On Mar 9, 2017 8:10 AM, "NVS Abhilash" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Colin Macdonald-2 wrote
> > 1.  First step: get Octave, Pytave and Symbolic all working together.
> > Report any problems.  If this isn't straightforward, document it
> > somewhere like the Octave wiki.
>
> Thanks Colin for your advice. I am trying to do that but I am not sure, how
> Octsympy is using pytave. I know this was the work Abhinav did and might be
> an obvious thing. But still, I feel I am a newbie, can you or Abhinav direct
> me somewhere or explain how Pytave is used for IPC in Octsympy.

Pytave is just one of the options to use for IPC. You will have to first build pytave from source. Then open octave. Add pytave's directory in path. Now if you call any symbolic function, pytave will be used. We just check if pytave's functions are in scope then pytave is used else some other IPC is used.
One more thing that currently pytave can only be built on linux.

Regards,
Abhinav