[GSoC 2017 Application] Improve Iterative Methods for Sparse Linear Syst

From: Rui Xie
Subject: [GSoC 2017 Application] Improve Iterative Methods for Sparse Linear Systems
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 21:28:08 +0800

Hi Marco,

I'm a Chinese undergraduate student and I major in both mathematics and electrical engineering. I have used MATLAB a lot in the past two years for course projects. I'd like to apply for GSoC this year with Octave and I'm interested in the project "Improve iterative methods for sparse linear systems".

I have read Cristiano Dorigo's report for his work, and implemented an additional method minres in a patch at https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?9282. It is now only a draft. Could you give me some suggestions? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rui Xie