Re: [OF] switch to https

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: [OF] switch to https
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 13:59:03 +0000

On 2 December 2016 at 09:21, siko1056 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sourceforge offers to switch to https [1], an important step towards
> security.
>
> "When a project switches over to HTTPS, the old domain will redirect, so no
> traffic will be lost or links broken."
>
> Kai
>
> [1]: https://sourceforge.net/blog/introducing-https-for-project-websites/

That is not the whole story, there seems to be some caveats:

    > some configuration updates may be necessary if your site
    > contains HTTP references (scripts, image tags, etc)

and a much longer support text about making the change [2].  I am not sure
if the change will break anyhing but a quick test seems to be ok.  pkg's
-forge flag seems to also be working.  Please let me know if you notice
any problems as we still can revert the change.

Carnë

[2]
https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Convert%20your%20website%20to%20HTTPS/