Re: graphics_toolkit selection

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: graphics_toolkit selection
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 13:47:04 -0700

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 11:51:47 -0500, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
> How does octave picks up default graphics_toolkit?

The logic is in graphics_toolkit.m.

> I noticed that once I installed (i.e. run "make install" that put it
> into /usr/local) it picks up (appears to be randomly) either qt or gnuplot.

As in 'octave --norc --eval 'disp (graphics_toolkit ())' returns either
"qt" or "gnuplot" randomly?

Or as in you use Octave somehow, and somewhere along the line the
toolkit is either "gnuplot" or "qt" and you're not sure what changed it?

> More over, if it picks gnuplot and I reset it to qt manually the fonts in the
> plot windows all messed up.

I can't reproduce this.

--
mike