Re: Working on bvp4c

From: lakerluke
Subject: Re: Working on bvp4c
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 02:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, that is the correct formula. I think it is clear now.

However, I still want to check that I understand how the algorithm works
programmatically before coding anything up. To this end I want to run
through how the algorithm will operate on a simple example. This is what I
have attempted to do with the two attached files in order to form the first
approximation term. I would really appreciate it if you could see if this
looks like the correct idea.

[1] - Set up the first order system, calculate domain, provide guess for
solution.

20160901_093826.jpg
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4679582/20160901_093826.jpg>

[2] - Plug in to the iterative formula to find the first non trivial term of
Phi. Then use Newton's method to calculate next term in approximation to
solution.

20160901_102309.jpg
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4679582/20160901_102309.jpg>