Re: Yet another GUI Builder for Octave

From: marcalexandre
Subject: Re: Yet another GUI Builder for Octave
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 15:46:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone.

Here is the code for the parser and GUI files generator.
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6o7ilt-fzrhNXFEcjFlSzhnSlE&usp=sharing>

There are just two Octave scripts :
 - parse_glade.m : parse glade file and return 2 structures, one for window
properties and another one for the widgets found in the .glade file.
 - glade2m : the main file, call parse_glade() and write the corresponding
Octave scripts accordingly.

For the moment, it uses the xmlread function from the Octave-forge IO
package to read the glade file and access the different nodes.

It generate two files :
 - xxx_gui.m, for GUI creation.
 - xxx.m, the main file, calling xxx_gui() for GUI creation and where the
user writes his callbacks functions.

I will publish soon a small document to explain how to correctly set the
widgets in Glade.

@Mike Miller
I will continue to develop it to add more features, but anyone help or
question would be greatly appreciated.
Regarding Qt, is it also open source ? I am not sure about this point. And
it looks like something really big compare to Glade. As I said before, the
real goal I want to attain is to modify an open source GUI Builder to make
it directly compliant with Octave UI elements.

@Patrick Noffke
I will definitely have a look at it. Thanks.

@Lachlan
It's more clear now. I thought you said it was mandatory to do it that way.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.