Re: Still waiting for your help

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Still waiting for your help
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 21:57:08 -0500

Sorry, just saw the prev email. Yes EPEL 5 only seems to have Octave 3.0.5 ready for binary install. If you want something newer you'll have to compile it yourself it seems. That is, unless you can set things to try to install from the EPEL 6 or 7 repository, as they have 3.8.1.  But I suspect that may not go well if it is possible. As Mike suggested, there are instructions on the wiki for compiling in linux. People on the help mailing list may be able to help with specifics.