Re: specfun release ? [WAS: laguerre.m functions in specfun package]

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: specfun release ? [WAS: laguerre.m functions in specfun package]
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 23:20:17 +0200

Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:

<long snip>

Juan, if you can solve the laguerre.m issue I mentioned in my OP here I'm
still prepared to make a new release (if Carnë is willing to upload it).
But my suggestion to make it a temporary one until Octave 4.2.0 still stands
(i.e., a dependency on Octave < 4.2.0). I think that would save all of us
the most time now that Octave-4.0.0. is close.
<snip>

I updated the function. Is it ok now?
It passes all the tests and has a demo.

Did you test with Octave-4.0.0-rc3 or -4 ? If yes, it should be OK.

Now, the signature is changed in a way that is closer to matlabs
http://ch.mathworks.com/help/symbolic/laguerrel.html

What about the laguerre.m in devel/ subdir? That was the subject of my original question - I think there shouldn't be a devel/ subdir in an OF package.

Shall we rename it to laguerreL? Or will it be implemented in the
symbolic package?

I have no opinion, sorry. Why should it be renamed?

Philip