Re: Help on starting exploring Octave Source Code!

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Help on starting exploring Octave Source Code!
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 00:16:14 -0400

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 00:43:02 +0530, Nikhil Sambhus wrote:
> I am interested in learning the source code of GNU Octave. In future I
> would also like to contribute in its development!

Welcome!

> As its a huge code base, could anyone please guide me about how I can
> understand, explore and start playing around with it?
> Are there any documents/blogs etc which could help me with respect to this
> regard?

You could start with the etc/HACKING file [1] in the Octave source tree.
The intent is to be a a brief introduction to the code tree and how to
build it.

There are a lot of ways to get involved with Octave, maybe pick a
specific area that interests you, explore, and ask questions.

[1] http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/raw-file/@/etc/HACKING

--
mike