Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 11:56:56 -0700 (PDT)

> On 04/11/2015 12:00 PM,

>> Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 08:40:24 -0700 (PDT)
>> From: Philip Nienhuis<

>> Subject: Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages

>> Why would there be differences between 32 and 64 bit Windows as regards
>> OF-packages compatibility with 32-bit Octave?
>>
>> I'd rather expect quite a few differences between 32- and 64-bit versions
>> of
>> Octave itself (obviously the latter will only run on Win64).
>>
>> Philip
>>

> There are some differences, whether from the fact of being Win32 vs
> Win64 or not?

Not sure I follow :-)
AFAIK 32-bit Windows applications should run identically whether in 32- or
64 bit Windows.

> Should the results of a octave 64 bit version also be posted

That depends on whether there are plans to supply a 64-bit installer as well
(I suppose just --enable-windows-64, not 64-bit indexing).

As to the installer, there also other questions as regards the io package.
Several spreadsheet functions / interfaces require Java support libs (.jar
files). Do we also include those? And if yes, which ones?
Or should I start a separate thread for this question?

Philip