Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 21:37:45 -0400

On 04/10/2015 09:11 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 16:05:15 -0400, JohnD wrote:
I just tried installing all of packages that currently in the active
list on octave forge in Windows using octave 4.0.0 rc2   (32 bit)
This is trying to install on the windows machine, not attempting cross
compile, using what is available as the 'current' package on
octave-forge.
Heres the following results:
So do you intend to drop or patch the remaining failing packages in
build_packages.m (dicom, odepkg, windows) if no fixed releases are made
before the official 4.0 Windows binary is built?

Thanks for working on this,

Since there are patches available for most, I could patch most of them in mxe.

The windows package may be a different story, as even patched, it currently says it has errors.

But, even if patched in in mxe, anyone who tries installing from octave forge will get failures.