Re: imshow problem under OS X

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: imshow problem under OS X
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 09:10:47 -0500

Carnë,

On Mar 9, 2015, at 6:11 AM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 9 March 2015 at 11:03, Marius Schamschula <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> The GraphicsMagick issue is separate from the imshow issue: I get a warning
>> regardless of if GraphicsMagick is built with a depth of 8 or 16 bits.
>>

> As you should. You will not have a warning if you build it with quantum-depth
> 32
> (but then all your images will take 4 times more memory during the reading and
> writing --- but not after the reading or writing).
>
> Carnë

Thanks for the clarification.

The MacPorts default is 8 bit. When I checked the Octave wiki [1], it suggested
to pass --with-quantum-depth=16 to configure. I rebuilt GraphicsMagick with
this setting and again saw the warning. The wiki needs to be updated.

[1] http://wiki.octave.org/GraphicsMagick

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula