Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac 10.10

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0 on Mac 10.10
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:42:04 -0500

Moving this discussion to the maintainers' list...

On Fri, 2015-02-27 at 00:45 -0800, Sebastian Schöps wrote:
> What is the plan for 4.0?

Currently, nothing. We'll ship Octave 4.0 with Windows binaries but no
Mac OS X distribution. Some people have offered to help, but no
concrete results yet:

    http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Mac-OS-X-champion-td4668534.html

Mac OS X has a long and awful history with Octave. If you are willing
to put the effort into making reproducible Mac OS X builds for Octave,
it would make a lot of Mac users happy. If you can't ensure
reproducible builds, then an ad-hoc build like the one we had for
3.4.0 could be the next best thing.

- Jordi G. H.