Re: Compiling Octave on WinXP32bit for Win764bit

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Compiling Octave on WinXP32bit for Win764bit
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 17:14:26 -0400

On Wed, 2014-07-23 at 12:03 -0700, dkeck wrote:
> How did you (Michael Goffioul) create this archive?

My understanding is that it is much more difficult to compile this
way. Windows is a very hostile OS for free development. Given the
amount of people who are able to compile MXE Octave (I count at least
five in recent mailing list history) vs the amount of people who have
been able to replicate Michael's build (I count zero), it's seems it's
actually much easier to cross-compile Octave from GNU/Linux into
Windows.

Isn't this a great opportunity for you to install a GNU/Linux
(virtual?) machine and see how the almost impossible becomes feasible?

- Jordi G. H.