Re: [MXE] Building 64-b indexing Windows binary fails at nsis / scons

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: [MXE] Building 64-b indexing Windows binary fails at nsis / scons
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 23:24:56 -0700 (PDT)

PhilipNienhuis wrote
>>     John W. Eaton wrote
>>     On 07/15/2014 01:14 PM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
>>     > Is 64-bit indexing possible right away with current mxe-octave?
>>
>>     It should be.  Have you tried configuring mxe-octave with
>> --enable-64?
>>     You'll need to start fresh so that you build a 64-bit GCC and all
>>     dependencies are built with that compiler.
>>
>> No I haven't tried yet (I didn't know mxe-octave was already that far).
>> But your message came right on time to initiate a 64-b build tonight
>> before going to sleep. Starting soon after clicking "send"....
>>
>> Tomorrow morning I'll see how far it went. BTW I'm building on a32-b
>> Linux, I hope that doesn't spoil the party...
> Didn't have to wait long :-(   Build breaks at building nsis:
>

> Failed to build package nsis!
>          section *sec=g_sections+x;
>                       ^
> scons: *** [build/release/stub_bzip2/exec.o] Error 1
> scons: building terminated because of errors.
>

> and the nsis log says (during build of scons ?), after lots of:
>
> "warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
> [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]" :
>
> :
> Source/exehead/exec.c:784:47: error: 'GWL_USERDATA' undeclared (first use
> in this function)
>        SetWindowLong((HWND) GetIntFromParm(0), GWL_USERDATA, (long) c);
> :
> :
> scons: *** [build/release/stub_bzip2/exec.o] Error 1
> scons: building terminated because of errors.
> make[1]: *** [build-only-nsis] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/philip/devel/octdev/mxe/mxe201407'

Just FYI, without the --enable-64 flag Octave the binary installer gets
built fine.

I suspect nsis can't be built with 64-bit indexing. Perhaps this also
applies to other included support programs not linked to Octave, like
ps2edit, ghostscript, gnuplot, ...
If so, would that imply a 32-bit mingw (cross) compiler would also be
required?

Philip