Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows

From: ijourneaux
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 10:17:51 -0700 (PDT)

Daniel Sebald wrote
> If this destructor is called such that "delete rep" occurs, and then it
> is called again, rep is out of scope and trying to access rep->count
> fails.  Try changing this hunk of code to something like the following:
>
>    virtual ~Array (void)
>    {
>      if (!rep)
>        return;
>
>      if (--rep->count == 0)
>      {
>        delete rep;
>        rep = NULL;
>      }
>    }
>
> If that fixes the problem, then we need a changeset for that (one that
> makes sure "rep" is initialized properly at the constructor.
>
> Dan

I was finally able to try this modification out. That produced a different
error.

0x00DCAD12 (0x0022F960 0x1A181D98 0x0022FFC4 0x778B8CD5), _ZN5ArrayIdED2Ev()
+ 0
x12 bytes(s)
panic: Segmentation violation -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to 'octave-workspace'...
save to 'octave-workspace' complete
[Inferior 1 (process 8860) exited with code 03]

trying to back trace produced the message
No stack

Any thoungts on what I could try next.
Ian