Re: revive compare_plot_demos

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: revive compare_plot_demos
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 14:28:06 -0400

On Jun 29, 2014, at 2:14 PM, Andreas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 29.06.2014 20:03, schrieb Ben Abbott:

>>> I made an import of Bens changeset, updated dump_demos to match the
>>> current structure, made an update of the demo blocks so they can be run
>>> with ML and moved the scripts to scripts/testfun/private as suggested.
>>
>> Andreas,
>>
>> I noticed you've placed dump_demos.m in
>> scripts/testfun/private/dump_demos.m.  This means that dump_demos() isn't
>> accessible from the command line. Was that intended?
>
> Hi Ben, yes that was intended. Rik suggested moving "some" functions to
> ./private and I thought all compare_plots* scripts are for developer
> only and shouldn't be exposed to the normal user.
>
> Sorry if this causes trouble. --Andy

Ok. Limiting them to the developers is a good idea.

Even so, If they are left in testfun, but not include them in module.mk (these
files are not there now), then they're accessible when running from the build
directory structure (i.e. via run-octave).  This exposes them for developers,
but removes them entirely for normal users.

I apologize the prodding ... to be honest deciding who the functions should be
exposed to, and how they could be most conveniently used, was one of the
reasons I never pushed the changeset.

Ben