Re: chaining compound assignment results in undefined behavior

From: Hossein Sajjadi
Subject: Re: chaining compound assignment results in undefined behavior
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 20:53:48 +0330

> Yes, but this is not undefined behaviour in Octave. "Undefined
> behaviour" is a specific term defined by the C and C++ standards.
> There is no Matlab or Octave standard, so there is no definition of
> "undefined behaviour" either.

 I don't see source of the interpreter but if the interpreter do
 exactly what C do undefined bahavior  may be transfered from c to
 octave.In the other word the expression a=1;a+=a+=4 may be evaluated 6
 sometimes or may be evaluated 10 in other situations such as change of
 compiler or multi thread execution ...