Re: Print failing when interacting with GS?

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Print failing when interacting with GS?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 20:06:59 +0200

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 19:44:55 +0200, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to check if this is reproducible?
>>> peaks(10)
>>> print -dpng test.png
>> GPL Ghostscript 9.10: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
>>
>> and no png is generated (or any device that uses Ghostscript)
>>
>> This happens in stable revision e5ab507687ee
>> and default rev 38925538ec14
>>
>> I am running in Ubuntu 14.04 amd64 with (evidently) GS 9.10.
>
> Hey, are you hitting either of these two bugs that I have hit again
> and again building Octave or printing figures?
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/662892
> http://bugs.debian.org/732440
>
> Both are due to certain fonts installed on your system. I think you
> can check with (if I remember right):
>
>   fc-list | grep -i 'awesome\|pagul'
>
> Does this sound like what you see?
>
> --
> mike

Hi Mike,

Indeed I see this bug

And I have "/usr/share/fonts/opentype/font-awesome" in my system with
several font faces.
Now, sorry for newbie, I have never done this. I tried removing
"fonts-font-awesome", but apt-get would remove "texlive-fonts-extra"
as well and
sudo dpkg --remove fonts-font-awesome
would not allow it either...do you have a workaround?