Introduction and SoCiS

From: Jacopo Corno
Subject: Introduction and SoCiS
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 09:55:22 +0200

Dear all,

I read that Octave will participate to SoCiS 2014 and I would be really
interested in giving my contribution.

I will start by introducing myself: I got a Master degree in Mathematical
Engineering at Politecnico di Milano and I am currently enrolled as a PhD
student at TU-Darmstadt.
In the last couple of years my main interest has been Isogeometric
Analysis and I developed my applications (and still do!) with Octave. I
worked, in particular, with the NURBS toolbox and GeoPDEs package (I had
the possibility to collaborate with Carlo de Falco.
I also have some experience with C++ coding since I worked for some months
on a C++ library analogous to GeoPDEs.

I think that participating to SoCiS would be a great possibility of
improving my programming skills and of getting involved with Octave
community, so I would love to be able to join the project this summer.

I read the project list on the wiki page and I would be interested in
taking care of the ODE solvers in Octave core. I think it would be of
interest for a wide variety of users and, more personally, I could find it
useful for my PhD.

Thank you.
best regards,
Jacopo Corno

PS: I apologize for the mail that I just sent. It was clearly an error.