SoCiS 20014 (WAS: Re: Google Summer of Code 2014 begins)

From: c.
Subject: SoCiS 20014 (WAS: Re: Google Summer of Code 2014 begins)
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 10:59:35 +0200

On 30 Apr 2014, at 11:43, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> For those students who were not selected,
> it seems Octave will be accepted again as a
> SoCiS organization:
>
> http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2014/
>
> so, if you are from one of the eligible countries [1],
> please consider applying again!
>
> Good luck!
> c.
>

> [1] check here for the requirements for applying for SOCIS:
> http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2014/tos

Dear all,

It is now official:

Octave has been selected [1] as a mentor organization for the European Space
Agency‘s [2] Summer of Code in Space [3]!

This is our third year in SOCIS.
See Roberto Porcù’s blog for the work from last year [4].
And Wendy Liu's blog for 2012 [5].

If you are an eligible student [6,7,8] and interested in applying, check out
our Ideas page [9].  May 15 is the student application deadline.

For this year's GSoC I was very proud to see two of previous editions
students taking a step forward to become mentors.

Personally consider this a great success for this kind of programme,
therefore I'd like to encourage both Roberto and Wendy to try and do
the same if they can find a suitable student and project among this year
applicants.

c.

[1] http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2014/?q=node/13
[2] http://www.esa.int/