Re: document how to derive octave_value class

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: document how to derive octave_value class
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 09:21:29 -0500

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 2:56 AM, Andreas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
On 13.01.2014 19:26, Pantxo Diribarne wrote:
> I find my self trying to declare a new class in the interpreter, derived
> from octave_value.

Hi Pantxo,
I think another small example to have a look at is octave-forge
octave-sockets/sockets.cc. -- Andy

Someone had talked about patching the sockets class to get rid of the socket being represented by a custom class. When I originally wrote that, I was trying to learn Oct files and the use of a custom class probably really isn't necessary (could have just used an integer).

So, if you look at the socket package sources and it doesn't look like there is a new class in there anymore, then someone must have made and applied the patch I speak of.

John Swensen