Re: GraphicsMagick linkage error on Mac OS X 10.9

From: Daryl Lee
Subject: Re: GraphicsMagick linkage error on Mac OS X 10.9
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 14:38:42 -0700

On Jan 13, 2014, at 12:53 AM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 13 Jan 2014, at 08:51, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> On 12 Jan 2014, at 23:52, Daryl Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> I had no luck with octave-next:
>>> $ sudo port -v build octave-next +atlas+gcc48+metis+doc
>>> configure.compiler=macports-gcc-4.8
>>> Error: Port octave-next not found
>>
>> As I wrote in the previous message that port is not in the current release
>> of macports
>> you can either get it from the svn repo or from the tracker at:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/41155
>>
>> for instructions about how to use local ports see:
>>
>> http://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories
>>
>> c.
>
> BTW, are you aware that an Octave 3.8 binary installer is available from here:
>

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20MacOSX%20Binary/2013-12-30%20binary%20installer%20of%20Octave%203.8.0%20for%20OSX%2010.9.1%20%28beta%29/

I am, I have it installed, and a nice bit of work it is.  However, I'm more
interested in being able to make contributions like fixing failed tests, adding
requested features, etc.  And unless I'm missing something fundamental about
the development process, I don't see how I can do that until I can build it
from source.

I'll keep plugging away at it.  I think I'm missing some fundamental awareness
of how Macports works.

--
Daryl Lee
Amateurs train until they get it right; professionals train until they can't