Re: Fwd: [swig:bugs] #1353 Octave 3.8.0 support

From: William S Fulton
Subject: Re: Fwd: [swig:bugs] #1353 Octave 3.8.0 support
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 00:04:32 -0800 (PST)

William S Fulton wrote
> Commit http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/b6b6e0dc700e looks like
> it will satisfy our needs. Thanks for restoring some sort of usable
> versioning.

It isn't quite as I'd hoped for detecting 3.8.0. Seems that version 3.2 and
earlier doesn't define OCTAVE_API_VERSION_NUMBER in version.h either, so
John Eaton's suggestion for detecting 3.8.0 doesn't work because neither
OCTAVE_API_VERSION_NUMBER nor OCTAVE_{MAJOR,MINOR,PATCH} are defined in
3.8.0 or versions <=3.2. We already have quite a bit of preprocessor logic
for versions < 3.2. Can you please suggest a header that is available in all
versions of Octave <= 3.2 and in 3.8.0 which contains a macro to distinguish
3.8.0 from earlier versions? Perhaps using the talked about features can be
used as a hack to detect 3.8.0?

William