Re: [3.8 GUI] hangs over remote session

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: [3.8 GUI] hangs over remote session
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 14:20:47 -0600

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM, CdeMills <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Context: 3.8 with GUI activated, run over a ssh connexion over two X86_64
Fedora-20 machines. Launched from a first machine as

ssh -Y -C -F ~/.ssh/config-internal -f address@hidden ~/usr/bin/octave
--force-gui

got the usual GUI on local screen. Then doing something as simple as
plot (1:10)

results in some error message being displayed, and the window being closed
(before I can read it) with an error 11? How can I catch the error message ?

Regards

Does it wotk if you switch to gnuplot first?

My guess is that your remote computer uses some kind of accelerated GL
driver that does not work over network. So much for the X11
"network transparency".

Pascal

Dmitri.