Re: Linkaxes functionality

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Linkaxes functionality
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 16:11:25 +0100

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Marco Castorina <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone,
 I've been using Octave for a while now and I'm very happy
with it. Recently I started using a toolbox that references
Matlab "linkaxes" functionality, and I saw it's amongst the
missing features.

I haven't looked at Octave source code yet, but I was wondering
if someone could point me in the right direction to implement this
functionality (ie. should it be in octave-core or a .m file)?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

--
Marco

Marco,

linkaxes looks quite straight forward to implement as an m function. I think you can use the "buttowndownfcn" (if it works!) property that axes already have and define a function. I think the difficulty will be to set this event structure, but give it a try.

To be clear, you can do what linkaxes do by hand, just update all the limits of the given axes to the desired values. The issue is how to do this automatically based on zooms or clicks on the figures, which is something more related to a GUI thingy.  Maybe the perople developing the qthandles and the gui can provide better solutions.