Re: "Pencils Down" for 3.8 bug fixes is Thursday, 10/24

From: Rik
Subject: Re: "Pencils Down" for 3.8 bug fixes is Thursday, 10/24
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:06:37 -0700

On 10/22/2013 11:27 AM, Torsten wrote:
> On 22.10.2013 20:06, Rik wrote:
>> Ben,
>>
>> I don't have any objection.  I wrote before that the GUI bugs were
>> rather special (no previous history so no "regressions") and that we
>> needed someone to triage them and elevate any that required a fix to a
>> severity of 4 or above.  I see you've done that for this bug and for
>> [#40350 pager does not work on MacOSX].  I'll add them to the 3.8 Bug
>> Fix List.
>>
>> --Rik
> What about the GUI-bugs marked as crash in
> http://wiki.octave.org/3.8_Bug_Fix_List ?
>
> Owner:??? #38305 file dialog causes crash
I took a look and this doesn't actually cause a crash (segfault).  Rather,
it produces the really annoying behavior of a slow response time for an
interactive element.  I wouldn't hold up the release on that.  It also
seems that you pushed a partial fix for it.
> Owner:??? #37344 GUI Octave freezes when plotting is used with OpenBLAS
I wouldn't hold up the release on this one either.  Lots of systems won't
have OpenBLAS and for those that do there is a workaround.  I don't see any
harm though in pushing your changeset to add a preference for the OpenBLAS
multi-threading option.

--Rik