Re: Binary packages for 3.8

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Binary packages for 3.8
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 15:21:05 -0400

On 10/09/2013 03:17 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
How are we coming along for getting binary packages for Windows and
Mac OS X ready for the next release? A Windows installer and a Mac OS
X dmg or app bundle. I think these are absolutely essential. If we're
going to release the GUI, we want everyone to be able to see it.

I think that having an official Windows binary package is essential because there is no package manager for Windows. An OS X binary package would be nice, but I don't see it as essential. There are package managers for OS X and it seems to be harder to build a binary package for OS X. But if it is possible to do, then OK.

Building for Windows works.  Help with an installer for Windows is needed.